Surviving Christmas season is a tricky at the best of times. I decided I needed a challenge at mine and, by pure accident, I assure you, drank a cup of descaler.
Now, you will ask yourself, how, well, I tried out new herbal tea at my brother’s, that said spicy on the box and looked all christmassy. Which undoubtedly it would have been if I hadn’t made it with water from the kettle. I thought it was a bit acidy but well-mannered to the end I drank it up. Until my sister-in-law realised that the kettle was full of descaler.
Anyways, here are a few lessons (thanks to the good people at the emergency poison hotline in Germany). Do NOT throw up as you’re full of acid, drink a minimum of 3 litres of water, take anti-acid medication, as much of it as possible and only once you convinced the pharmacists that yes, you really did drink descaler. Then lie down for a few hours and ponder you own stupidity. There, another Christmas lesson, right there.